Community

Gym sets ‘fitness frenzy’

Mountain Fitness will be hosting a “Fitness Frenzy” event on Saturday, May 12 from 9-11 a.m. The cost of admission is $5 and that also earns five raffle tickets for a special drawing. There will be four half-hour classes: cardio kickboxing, muscle conditioning, yoga and spin. There will also be over $200 in prizes through the raffle. Those who come […]

Card of Thanks

On Saturday, March 10, the seventh annual Kynan James Stanners Memorial Golf Tournament was held at Eagle Springs Golf and County Club in Friant. Continuing the trend, this year’s tournament was another success. The Stanners/Steed family, as well as our loyal and amazing friends, would like to extend our sincere gratitude to each person who contributed. — hole sponsors, caterers, […]

IN BRIEF…

Free plane rides part of upcoming event Free airplane rides for youth will be just part of the fun at an upcoming event at the Mariposa Airport. The “Kids Day” event is scheduled for Saturday, May 19 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. It will feature free airplane rides for youth ages 8-17. There will also be a free flight […]

IN BRIEF…

Lions and bats and bears oh my! Yosemite Area Audubon Society will hold a free mammal workshop. This hands-on workshop will include a brief discussion on the kinds of mammals present in our area, techniques for sampling small mammals with live traps, setting up camera traps, and examining bats and recording their echolocation calls. This two-part workshop will meet at […]

You can have a church home

PASTOR’S CORNER

Allison ByerleyIn 2013, I took a sabbatical to work on my doctoral thesis, and an interim minister filled my place at the church I was serving. I used the opportunity to explore worship services in other places. I attended large churches and smaller ones. I worshiped in traditional styles and contemporary. I even got to deliver the benediction at FUMC […]

Hospice Illumination Ceremony postponed

Mariposa Friends of Hospice has announced that its annual Illumination Ceremony, usually held the third Sunday in May, has been postponed. The ceremony, which honors members of the community who have passed in the preceding year “is a lovely time of remembrance and healing,” says Friends of the Hospice Board member Anita Bothwell, RN. “We look forward to hosting it […]

Card of Thanks

We had perfect weather this year and would like to thank the following agencies, businesses, people and organizations for their continued support of the 12th annual Las Mariposas Civil War event held April 20-22. Frank and Frances Long, (in memoriam), Marshall Long and the Long Family Ranch, American Civil War Association, Mariposa County, Sierra Tel, Mariposa Gazette, Pioneer Market, Sysco […]

Card of Thanks

The Chili Cook Off and Dessert Auction held on April 14 was a huge success and we have a number of people to thank. Thanks to everyone who came to support the event, bought chili dinner and bid on dessert auction items. You made this a fun, memorable and completely successful evening. Your support is very much appreciated. Thanks so […]

Card of Thanks

Thank you very much to everyone who came to help Glenn’s family celebrate his life and how glad we are to have shared his life. To each of you, personally, we all feel grateful. Thank you to the Gazette from all the Franklins: myself, sisters Cheryl and Ninya, brother John-Henry, niece and grand-niece Leanna and Emy, nephew and grand-nephew Jason […]

Marriage vow reaffirmation ceremony set in Yosemite

The Yosemite Chapel will once again perform its “Marriage Renewal Ceremony” this Sunday, May 6. The ceremonies will be held at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. and everyone is invited to attend. This is a long-standing tradition at Yosemite Chapel. There will be a time of worships, a message on marriage and then the reaffirmation of wedding vows for anyone […]

Category Pages are limited to 60 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.