Community

IN BRIEF …

The Alley plans exciting month The Alley will host several events in September. The Santa Cruz-based Steven Graves Band, which features American roots music, will appear on the Alley stage on Sept. 7 at 6:30 p.m. The Do Tell Story Swap will be presented on Sept. 13 at 6 p.m. Participants are encouraged to tell a five minute story with […]

Look to Jesus Christ for comfort

PASTOR’S CORNER

Wynter Sturtevant III Our lives are filled with finding groups. We seek in earnest a place of rest. The social media we consume helps us find more and more tribes to become members of. We find cliques and they find us. We change and so do the groups we belong to. We do this until the very end of our […]

IN BRIEF …

Lunch and learn with JCF The John C. Fremont Healthcare District will be holding a Lunch and Learn event in celebration of healthy aging month on Thursday, Sept. 20. It will feature guest speaker Dr. Patrick Arbore, Ed.D. It will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 5300 Highway 49 North in Mariposa. Lunch is provided and space […]

Why shipbuilding can be a priority

PASTOR’S CORNER

Allison ByerleyCan you believe that it’s August and time for school to begin again? I was always happy for school to start. I was a good student and loved learning. That passion for learning continues. There is a difference between book-learning and wisdom, though. Many of the wisest people I have met did not have a lot of formal education. […]

Respond with grace, not bitterness

PASTOR’S CORNER

Allison ByerleyCan you hold a grudge? I’ve met some people in my life who could recite to you every small hurt inflicted upon them from the time they were very small to the present day. They never forgot an angry word or slight, real or imagined. Do you know anyone like that? It’s not surprising that those same people are […]

Category Pages are limited to 60 days. Please use the archive page or the search box to find older articles.