Short is suspected in Bootjack blaze



An electrical short started the blaze that destroyed this home on Tavis Road on Sept. 15. Firefighters managed to save family photo albums, however.A 1930s-era residence on Tavis Road in the Bootjack area was totally destroyed in a fast-moving structure fire on Sunday, Sept. 15. One pet dog was singed in the incident, but the homeowner escaped.
The fire was reported at 11:43 a.m. last Sunday.
Fire resources from across Mariposa and eastern Madera counties were dispatched to what was believed t...

An online subscription is required to view news content on this website.

To continue reading please enter your username and password below. Not a subscriber? Please click here to order a subscription. Existing print subscribers receive free access to the online edition; current subscribers please click here to request your free access.