UPDATED CLOSURES (3/20/20 1 p.m.) Please note, some of those listed below are still operating, but closed to the public.: All branches of the Mariposa Public Library until further notice; Mining and Mineral Museum; Mariposa Museum and History Center; Mariposa County offices; John C. Fremont hospital billing department; Mariposa Heritage House is closed, but will be open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to noon for mail and meal pick up. Mountain Crisis Services’ offices are closed to the public, but its hotline — 1-888-966-2350 —is fully staffed. Counseling and legal aid are available by calling (209) 742-5865; Ethos Youth Center.
Due to the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to limit events involving over 10 people to slow the spread of Covid-19, the following events in and around Mariposa County have been canceled or postponed as of the Gazette’s press time on Tuesday.
If an event is not on this list, persons are urged to call and confirm if it is happening. If you want a closure posted, call the Gazette at (209) 966-2500 and it will be added to the list.
19 — Mariposa County Arts Council’s “Good Neighbor” art show reception 20-23 — Yosemite Songwriting Retreat
21 — University of California Cooperative Extension’s Vegetable
Gardening for the Home Gardener
21 — Mariposa Museum and History Center’s Fireside chat
21 — Yosemite Western Artist meeting
23 — Mariposa Pow Wow Committee meeting
24 — Marc Ford concert benefiting Bioeconomyafrica Vision
24 — Mariposa Safe Families CPR class
28 — Search and Rescue dinner
28 — Mariposa County Farm Bureau Dinner
4 — Taste of Mariposa
4 — Path to Wellness
4 — Northern Mariposa County History Center’s Heritage Rose Tour
6 — Mariposa Safe Families Grand Families Evening
10 — Mother Lode Jewish Community’s Passover Dinner
10-11 — Mariposa Mining and Mineral Museum’s Gem and Mineral
11 — Mariposa Safe Families Safe at Home Fair
18 — West Coast Jazz Fest
18 — Mariposa Clean Sweep
18-19 — Mariposa Symphony Orchestra’s Earth Day concerts
19-22 — University of California Cooperative Extension’s Prescribed
Fire on Private Lands workshop
22 — X-15 Rocket Plane author talk
24 — Mariposa Safe Families Daddy/Daughter Dance
25 — FFA Dinner (postponed to May 30)
2-3 — Mariposa Butterfly Festival
9-10 — Mariposa Pow Wow
23 — Rotary Art and Wine Festival
The following events, businesses and organizations will be closed until further notice unless otherwise noted:
• Northern Mariposa County History Center, including all board and
• Mariposa County Arts Council’s Treetop Gallery and all public programs • Merced Community College non-essential events and face-to-face
• Bootjack Stompers’ square and ballroom dance classes
• Woody’s Indoor Outdoor Grub
• Casto Oaks Tasting Room
• Mountain Fitness 10 a.m. Silver Sneakers classes (end of March)
• Pure Training Studio’s group fitness classes, child care and personal training sessions (week of March 16-22)
• Grove House (March 17-30)
• Mariposa Parks and Rec Open Gym Volleyball and Fitness Over 50
• Mountain Crisis Service’s Trauma Yoga for the Healing at Mountain
• Mariposa Head Start (April 14)
• Mariposa County Senior Center. Meals available for pick up by calling (209) 742-7182.
• All Mariposa County Library programs.
• Habitat for Humanity resale shop
• Yosemite Dental Care will suspend non-urgent dental care appointments (March 29)
• The California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s visitors centers
and license counters.
• SPCA shelter and yard sale (March 25)
• Hideout Saloon is now delivering meals to an expanded radius: Bootjack Market on 49 South, Auto Camp on Highway 140 and Yaqui Gulch on Highway 140. They will also offer curbside pick up. Call (209) 966-6565 for details.
• Pony Expresso is asking patrons call coffee orders in for pickup. (209) 966-5053.
• Sweetwater Deli will be offering curbside pickup. (209) 966-7200
• Pizza Factory has limited seating to provide 6 foot distance and has shut down the game room.
• Castillos is offering curbside pickup and drop off delivery to Bootjack, Midpines, Idle Wheels and possibly other areas based on demand. They will be closing between 3-4:30 p.m. daily. (209) 742-4413.
• Jantz Bakery is offering curbside pickup and $5 delivery. (209) 742- 4545.
• Heritage House will be closed on weekends and after 5 p.m. All groups, meetings and recovery supports will be held via Zoom or by telephone. (209) 966-7770.
• The MACT clinic will not see patients complaining of a fever or a cough. They are directing those patients to go to the emergency room.