2012-11-08 / Front Page

Home catches fire on Cole Road


Friday, Nov. 9, 2012 - 11:10 a.m. -- Just after 10 a.m. this morning firefighters were called to a residential structure fire in the 5100 block of Cole Road.

What first responders found upon arrival was a wooden home with excessive smoke coming from the attic, especially around the external chimney shute.

Shortly thereafter flames were visible coming from the attic and extending almost the entire length of the home.

The first engine on scene, from CAL FIRE, managed to extinguish the flames, along with other first responders who weren't equipped with an engine. There appeared to be extensive smoke and water damage to the property.

The residents were not at home at the time of the incident but arrived as firefighters were extinguishing the blaze. They were visibly shaken.

Look for further details in the next Mariposa Gazette.

Return to top

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Click here for digital edition
2012-11-08 digital edition