2011-12-22 / Front Page

Veterinarian's home burns

At around 7 p.m. Wednesday evening, a house fire was called in by a neighbor on Poppy Lake Road. The home belongs to popular veterinarian Jay Mero.

Dr. Mero was out of town at the time and not other residents were in the home all day. According to Mariposa County Fire Chief Jim Wilson, the home was "pretty much a total loss." Wilson said firefighters saved about 30% of the structure and carport.

Two cats and corn snake were killed in the blaze, but one pet lizard survived and another cat is missing.

Look for further details as they become available.

Return to top

Post new comment

The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
Click here for digital edition
2011-12-22 digital edition